Sampling of Groundwater Tracers
Groundwater samples for the investigation of the most important dating tracers can easily be taken by a trained sampler (with the exception of Krypton-85, where a degassing apparatus must be used on site). Preservation is not dispensable, but some analytes (CFC/SF6, helium-3) require special vessels. Detailed standard protocols are available.
Containers for sampling of the most important groundwater tracers
- Tritium: glass or plastic bottles (1000 mL)
- Deuterium and Oxygen-18: glass or plastic vials (20 – 50 mL)
- Helium-3: copper tubes with screw terminals
- CFC & SF6: glass bottles (500 mL) and special metal containers
- Krypton-85: gas tank (10 – 25 L) • degassing of 50 – 500 L groundwater on site with special equipment
- Acesulfame: glass bottles (1000 mL)
On demand, we can send you special containers (e.g., for CFC & SF6 or Helium-3).